Saturday, July 16, 2011

*sigh* I'm such a child

I'm wearing three necklaces to bed. Three.

One is the purple heart on the string Vera gave me.

One is the other half of V's birthday present: A little pink robot charm along with a little charm that says "best. Vera has a similar necklace, with a blue robot that says "friends".

[Side note: I always get the pink ones. My one from when  I was still Ayame's friend is a pink mushroom that says "friends".]

And the last necklace is my father's Italian horn[apparently also known as a corno] that I lost but recently found. The horn is mostly used as protection for men, but dad would always give it to me when I was going to visit with mom, and I've never even gotten hurt any time I've worn it, so maybe fatherly love makes it extend?

Irony: Dad isn't even Italian, yet he believes in a bunch of Italian protective symbols. He wants to get necklaces for both of us of the mano cornuta necklaces with the evil eye on them. It makes me smile a little.

References for the different symbols here: Click Me!

Anyway, back to why I'm being childish, I just watched a friend go through something difficult, and I'm also dealing with my mom issues. I need three necklaces and sleep with a shit ton of stuffed animals for comfort. So yeah, I feel like I'm being kinda stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment