Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You Are Beautiful

We had an assembly about acceptance today. At one point, He asked us all to look at someone and say just the title of this post, "You are beautiful". No one turned to me, but I was surrounded by three groups of friends, none of which were really mine. Oh well. What is one going to do?

The show itself was moving. I almost cried at one point. I'm a wuss when it comes to emotional stuff like that. I dunno. Certain stuff affects different people in different ways, right?

Michael Fowlin was the name of the man. It was very interesting to listen to his show. I had an appreciation for it, at least.

Now on to things closer to home.

The other night I dreamed that I became a cancer patient. They weren't sure if it was terminal or not. The Hospital was REALLY tall, and I was in a room on one of the top floors. The view was incredible. I honestly didn't mind staying there so much because of it. It was a very futuristic place.

I got an 86 on my math test the other day. VICTORY! xD

And, now I have some quotes that I like. I recently made a little poster of them to give myself something to cheer me up.

"50 years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car?" -Sam Witwicky, Transformers 2007. I know that to you, that may just look like a nerd reference. To me, it's a reminder that I need to take risks sometimes if I wanna get something going. And there are some chances I wish I took, and some I'm really looking forward to taking.

"A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, and it's just out of your reach, it can be all you think about. You can focus on it and try to force it. But the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe; just maybe, it'll come to you." -Church, Red Vs. Blue. This is just a reminder to me that I need to be patient in certain things. Not to mention, it's an awesome quote from an awesome series.

"In each human heart are a tiger, a pig, an ass, and a nightingale. Diversity of character is due to their unequal activity" -Ambrose Bierce. I like this quote, and I happen to think that it is very true. I can see it in a lot of people that I know.

"Forget all the reasons why it wont work, and believe the one reason why it will" -Unknown. I really like this quote. Because it's something that I do need to do. I need to learn to believe in myself more. To believe in my goals and my dreams and in who I am. Because it will work out some day. I of course think of a few other people with this quote as well, but that reason above is the one I'm going to share with you all.

"Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten" -Lilo. Okay, this is a great quote from one of the cutest movies ever created. And it's also true. I'm FIERCELY loyal to anyone I consider to be my family. And if the situaion ever got really bad, I know I could never abandon them.

"This is my family. I found it all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good." -Stitch. This is another quote that applies. My little family isn't made of blood. It's whoever I choose to accept into it. It isn't held together all that well, and it's small, but it is MINE.

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." -Lao Tzu. Again, another quote that applies. I don't know if I would have made it this far without the love of my friends and family. And I know I could probably kill a lion with my bare hands to protect one of them if I needed to. So yeah, just another one I like because I know the feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment