Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Farking Weather

Seriously, the storm weekend sucked. I know no one is going to read this, but I want to write it all out anyway.

So, I have never used my flashlight so much in my life.  For two nights it was pitch black in the house at night, and I had no internet. Not to mention, when dad had the generator running, there were still no lights on in the bathrooms. That sucked, thank the gods for flashlights.

Dad and I also spent a lot of time over at the neighbor's house. She got two feet of water in her bsement, and everything was destroyed, Dad had to use our generator to power her two sump pumps to help get all of the water out. But she lost everything down there, pretty much. I feel bad for her, but there's nothing that can really be done now.

Her two dogs were pretty friendly with me. Benson, her big Burmese mountain dog, parked and growled at me but he's still a puppy and just wants attention and someone to play with. He's a beautiful dog though with an impressive coat. I like being around him. The other dog is a tiny white yappy thing that's usually mean, but for whatever reason all he wanted from me was a nice petting.

Anyway, it was team effort on Sunday to continually help or neighbor with her every flooding basement. The neighbors on the other side came over as well, and two of her friends were there to help us try to save her basement. It made my back hurt a lot with all the standing and it was boring really. For me what I was assigned to do involved a lot of waiting around for someone to tell me what to do.

Not to mention, her pool is trashed. A lot of her back yard got washed right into it. The whole thing is just mud now. It looks so gross. I feel really bad for her, since she's going to have to pump the whole thing and re-fill it. Dad says she has to be really careful with it though or the pool will collapse. I just hope she can get it done soon. After all, it's almost that time of year to close it.

The weekend was super stressful for me. I don't like to sleep in my room withut a light, simply because if I do I can't see anything at all. And no power meant no light and I've gotten so used to having one so I can get up in the middle of the night that it was difficult for me to get to sleep. So that sucked. Not to mention the reports of tornadoes nearby and the wound of the wind against the house and the trees cracking were all so eerie that it made me freak out quite a bit. It was one of the storms that make you think the world is ending outside, you know? It didn't help that this was my first hurricane, so I had no idea what to expect.

In other crappy news, my pocket watch busted again over the weekend. I can't slagging win with the stupid thing. Maybe I should just give up on it. *sighs* Oh well, just a waste of 30 bucks, right?

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my other entry that mom didn't pay child support this month. This is bound to cause trouble. *sighs* I don't know. I'm glad school is starting now, so she can't get me for this Summer anymore. And hopefully this year wont be too horrible. I' so stressed and worried lately though. Oh well, there's nothing I can do really bu hope that everything works out.

Alright, that's it for now. Lates~

No comments:

Post a Comment