Friday, August 26, 2011

Ohana and Hurricanes

*sighs* My darling older sister [V] has been away for two days. It's weird, to be honest. I wasn't worried about the distance until it was actually between us. I'm used to having long distance relationships, and am actually better at them as a general rule.

But now I can feel the distance between us, and it's making me feel more lonely then I have in a while. But maybe I can talk my parents into semi frequent visits. I know they don't want to take the time out of their days, but a girl can still hope, right?

Besides, I'll still be able to skype with her. And IM more often then before. And hopefully things will work out. Her room mate seems very sweet, from the few minutes I've seen of her. So that's good.

I also finished my summer project in the two days she had been gone. I also have all four of my binders for school complete with cover art and song lyrics. I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with the rest of my summer now. I guess try to stay organized and get ready for another school year. And a camping trip that will take place right before school starts. I hope we still go, even though it means I'll be completely unreachable for 2-4 days.

A hurricane is blowing through our area. It's going to be pretty rough, but our area isn't being evacuated yet. My family doesn't even know where we'd go anyway if we did. Still, I have an emergency bag packed with most of my essentials and a few things I couldn't live without. But I'm hoping for the best and that we'll be safe. Let's pray for the house, right?

Dad thinks we'll be fine, so I'm going to trust him. I'm still nervous though. I can't help it. Aside from the earthquake the other day, which was minor where I live and caused no damage, this will be the first real natural disaster I experience. And to be quite frank, I don't think I'm ready for it. Then again, who ever really is truly mentally prepared for such a thing to occur?

I dunno. I just hope everything works out, and that we all get through this safe and alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment